Here i am writing the procedure to lock amd unlock a client in SAP,very rarely we need to use it..But stil u should know so follow these simple steps...
1) To lock or unlock a client in R/3 System, run the following function modules in
2. SSCR_LOCK_CLIENT ( to lock the client)
3. SSCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT (to unlock the client)
Run these functions with a client input which is to be locked/unlocked. This function set flag '' Client is locked temporarily for client copy" in client maintenance menu.The client will be available for users DDIC and SAP*. If any other user tries to login, system gives message that ' Client locked temporarily'.
To unlock the client
1. Run transaction SE37
2. Enter the function module as SSCR_UNLOCK_CLIENT
3. press F8 or test run (single run).
4. Specify the client and execute(F8).
Follow similar procedure for locking the client...
Gagan Deep Kaushal